Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July already

Wow, summer is just flying by...
It has been almost a month since my last post!!!! I will have to find some time to update this soon.
Today is Wednesday which means race night. YEAH, now say it with me: "Let there be wind for tonight's race". Thank you, we could use all the good wind karma anybody can send our way. It seems it has been either very windy or super light air. Don't get me wrong, I love the windy stuff, but I could do with less of the light air racing. Had a great race last week and yes you guessed it, it was rather windy. Managed to get the bullet, which is racing terms means we won. Many others in our fleet suffered some sail damages as well as ego bruising. Two spinnakers exploded, some of us went for wild broaches, and others simply sailed conservatively. If you don't have solid crew that are used to heavy air, better to err on the side of safety, that's for sure.
I will make a stronger effort to keep this updated, so stay tuned for many more sailing stories and adventures.

No comments: